Re: databases/mongo-tools fail due to PaX, patch included

Hi Paul!

On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 11:32:00AM +1100, Paul Ripke wrote:
> I had reason to use these tools, and discovered they do weird magic which
> breaks due to PaX. The attached patch fixes this for me.

I tried the following, on 10.99.2/amd64:

# make package
# ./work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/mongodump
./work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/mongodump: text relocations
./work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/mongodump: Cannot write-enable text segment: Permission denied

Then I applied your patch, built it again from scratch and tried the
same thing again:

# make package
# ./work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/mongodump
./work/.destdir/usr/pkg/bin/mongodump: text relocations
Memory fault (core dumped)

Can you please bug upstream to fix the PaX issue instead? It looks
like a bug to me...
 Thomas