Re: make does not generate binaries

On 2022-11-27 11:10, nia wrote:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 05:31:39AM +0100, bsdprg wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to build a package from https://github.com/baskerville/sutils

But, even though my make completes without errors, make install fails
because make does not generate any binaries.

It's a very simple package with no dependencies. I generated the package
using

`url2pkg https://github.com/baskerville/sutils/archive/refs/tags/0.2.tar.gz`
[1]

and after some minor modifications suggested by `pkglint`, my Makefile is:

From what I see the Makefile in sutils contains GNU make-isms. These will be
ignored by pkgsrc which uses NetBSD make ("bmake").

You must set USE_TOOLS+= gmake.

Unfortunately this means it does have dependencies ;)

Thank you, nia. After using gmake, it at least attempted to build the package.

I had to remove this line as well from the Makefile: `CFLAGS  += -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112L`

Otherwise, it ran into build issues like not finding the simple definitions like "uint_8".

Thank you for your help!