Re: Using xine and music

On Sat 26 Nov 2022 at 19:18:34 +0000, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> /usr/pkg/bin/xine  dvd://dev/cd0  -- if I want to watch movie on a DVD
>
> What if I wanna listen to music ?

From a cd? See cdplay(1). It uses digital audio extraction, because many
cd players don't have a separate analog audio out any more.
(The first cd drive I had still had that, and even front panel buttons
for playing cds... but that is a looooong time ago)

-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto