Re: Use EMACS and the ModeLine

On Fri, 18 Nov 2022, Todd Gruhn wrote:
I load a *.txt file.

I says 'U(DOS)' -- how/can I get rid of this?  It should only

Your file has dos newlines (^M^J) (it's from windows?), click in
the DOS button until it says unix or use C-x RET f, and type unix.
After saving it, the newline type will stay.

Does it matter?

No, as long as your software knows how to take care of it. Emacs
does. If you open it with nvi, you'll see ^M before newlines. If
you are going to open that file in microsoft-whatever maybe is
better to keep its format.

adr.