Re: influxdb: Update to 2.5.0

> Le 8 nov. 2022 à 16:56, Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> a écrit :
>
> OK.
>
> Are there other disruptive changes between 1.8 and 2.5, i.e., a largely
> revised configuration like FreeRADIUS 2.x to 3.x?
>
> Can 2.5 operate on data built by 1.8 or does one need to convert it?
I have no idea.
Personally, I don’t care the version while I can have a working InfluxDB to provide data sources for Grafana. But if users run InfluxDB v1.8 in production mode, we should pay attention to the upgrade process. Maybe it is backward compatible and series produced by 1.8 can be used by 2.x. Or maybe there is a process where both versions must coexist to update the dataset like for PostgreSQL. If nobody is interested, I don't really want to explore the question since I don’t need the answer.