using pkgsrc GCC and implicit dependencies thereon?

So, for pkgsrc-2022Q3 on my netbsd-9 amd64/i386 boxen, I built "lang/gcc10"
and then set "GCC_REQD+=10" in "/etc/mk.conf" of my build host before
rebuilding everything via 'pkg_rolling-replace'.

As part of the process, "lang/gcc10-libs" was also built and a great many
packages registered a dependency on this package.

I've only recently discovered some issues after using the binary packages
to update another host.  Some packages' executables were explicitly
linked against a library from "lang/gcc10" (rather than "lang/gcc10-libs")
but show no dependency on either package.

My specific example is 'links' from the "www/links-gui" package.  It was
linked against "libgomp.so.1".  Checking the build host, this came from
the "lang/gcc10" installation which was not installed on the other host
(and has no reason to be).

Since this library was also supplied in "lang/gcc10-libs", I've hacked
around it by linking to the files there in the path that would have been
created had "lang/gcc10" itself been installed.

I think it would be better if "www/links-gui" would gain a dependency
on the appropriate "gccNN-libs" when a pkgsrc GCC is used.  Is this
something that should have happened automagically, or does this require
special handling on a per-package basis?

I'll scan my system for other unresolved references and see what comes up.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD