Re: First attempt to build qt5-qt-webengine on arm64

On Wed, 26 Oct 2022, adr wrote:
Hi,

The first problem I found is that
src/3rdparty/chromium/base/system/sys_info_posix.cc is using uname(3)
to use the machine member in the utsname structure to get the cpu
architecture. I'm curious, why isn't a machine_arch member in that
structure? NetBSD use of evbarm for both arm and aarch64 make this
situation problematic. Is there other packages using uname(3) that
have been patched that you could recommend me as a common practice
os should I just add a conditional block and use sysctl(3)?

Regards,
adr.

I made some progress. Now I'm stuck in src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/zlib.

I need to add a test for crc32 and pmull for netbsd in cpu_features.c,
like this one for linux:

[...]
#elif defined(ARMV8_OS_LINUX) && defined(__aarch64__)
    unsigned long features = getauxval(AT_HWCAP);
    arm_cpu_enable_crc32 = !!(features & HWCAP_CRC32);
    arm_cpu_enable_pmull = !!(features & HWCAP_PMULL);
[...]

I don't see anything like getauxval() in netbsd. CRC32 is tested in
cpuinfo(8), but PMULL is not. Could someone point me to a common approach
to do this in pkgsrc, or should I roll my own, a la libcrypto?

Any advice?

Regards,
adr.