Widelands 1.1 Release Information

Dear package maintainers,

the Widelands Development Team is proud to announce that a new version
of Widelands, 1.1, has been released.

Widelands is a free, cross-platform economy strategy game in which
players control the fate of a small tribe that can grow into a big
empire, in a style of play that is unique in the open source world.
Please visit our homepage at https://www.widelands.org to learn more.

The source code for release 1.1 as well as the full release statement
can be found under the following link:
https://github.com/widelands/widelands/releases/tag/v1.1

There have been several changes to the dependencies of Widelands since
the release of version 1.0:

- Minizip is now an optional and recommended dependency. If it is
packaged on your system, please use it as a dependency. If Widelands
does not detect it as a system library, the embedded minizip sources
will be used.
- Boost is no longer a dependency.
- Asio is a new dependency. On systems where Asio is not packaged, you
can use the `utils/download_asio.sh` script to pull in the sources
before compiling.
- Generated binaries are now placed in standards-compliant directories.
Visit https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/5359 to learn more in
case you need to update any paths.
- I would like to note that Lua is not a dependency for Widelands. We
ship a complete non-standard Lua implementation with the source code.

Please update your packaging workflows accordingly.

We would greatly appreciate it if the new version was picked up into the
repositories of the various operating systems and distributions.

Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Benedikt Straub