Re: wm/fvwm hangs on -current (9.99.101)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 at 18:10:38 -0500 (CDT), John D. Baker wrote:
On Mon, 17 Oct 2022, John D. Baker wrote:

A private message
directing me to a patch for fvwm3 that is claimed to also work with
fvwm2 with a bit of fuzz:

  https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm3/pull/683

I couldn't figure out how to get a patch I could download, so I applied
them manually and saved them as local patches.

If you go to an URL like the one above, and manually edit it by adding
".patch" at the end (https://github.com/fvwmorg/fvwm3/pull/683.patch),
that should redirect you to a plain text patch version you can apply.

Rebuilt with these patches, 'fvwm' (or 'fvwm2') starts up properly.

Thanks, I've applied these in pkgsrc. (And also updated fvwm3.)

Regards,

Dave