Re: Has github URL scheme changed?

On Sun, 25 Sep 2022 08:44:08 +0530
Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:

> Came across a couple of instances where pkgsrc is not able to download the
> tarball from what appears to be a slightly changed URL scheme. At least I
> am not sure what to change in the Makefile. The URL looks different than
> the patterns explained in pkgsrc.txt:
>
> E.g. www/felinks tarball URL is:
>
>     https://github.com/rkd77/elinks/archive/refs/tags/v0.15.1.tar.gz
>
> Tried this, which didn't solve the problem
>
>     GITHUB_TAG=     archive/refs/tags/v${PKGVERSION_NOREV}
>
> Tried url2pkg 22.2.1, but seems it can't get this URL.
>
> Please advise.

For this particular package the upstream has renamed their repo.
That's why it is behaving weird.
https://github.com/rkd77/felinks redirects to
https://github.com/rkd77/elinks

Ditto for distfile URLs.

So to keep the felinks name in pkgsrc we need to change DISTNAME
to elinks and set PKGNAME to felinks. This is an oddball case,
probably not worthwhile trying to support in url2pkg.