Re: BLAS: Does cblas interface work with BLAS types other than netlib

Am 24. September 2022 09:37:55 MESZ schrieb Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost>:
>This on NetBSD 9.2 amd64, a few weeks old pkgsrc.
>
>In wip/dlib-cpp I am trying to use BLAS by including blas.buildlink3.mk
>
>    -- BLAS library does not have cblas symbols, so dlib will not use BLAS or LAPACK
>
>Even if I add the following, above error doesn't go away.
>
>    BLAS_C_INTERFACE=       yes

All that does ist to set more variables for you to use for the build.

I presume that you have to insert BLAS_INCLUDES into the compiler flags or some parameter for configure.

We could discuss adding this directly to CPPFLAGS. But you'll have to tell the build to use the correct library name, too. There's lots of configure automatics to battle because of the complicated history of BLAS use.

I do wonder if we want to support symlinked libblas.so and cblas.h. I (we?) opted for parallel install and explicit paths since not all (but most) packages want to use the same implementation.

>So it appears that BLAS_C_INTERFACE works only with the netlib option.

With netlib, it causes an additional dependency. But cblas.h is also hidden in a subdirectory. I suspect your build doesn't even look for that and brings its own cblas.h. Maybe you need to tell it more explicitly otherwise.

The other BLAS build should include cblas wrappers.

Can you share the config.log or similar with the failed test? I'll try to have a look at dlib-cpp on Monday.

Alrighty then,

Thomas