Re: help with running a Java program on NetBSD

On Thu, Sep 15, 2022 at 07:48:43PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:

> Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> > I'd like to run https://technology.a-sit.at/pdf-over-2/ on
> >  NetBSD-current/amd64.
>
> [snip]
>
> > Can someone please help in getting this running on NetBSD?
>
> Easiest - use qemu to run Linux in a VM.
>
> Next easiest - port SWT to NetBSD. This would get us part way to a port
> of Eclipse.

I don't speak Java and know nothing about the build systems commonly used :(

> Hardest - fix futexes in NetBSD so that you can run Linux Java 17.

I'm pretty sure there is futex support in NetBSD.

(In my experience it is buggy - I had random hangs with the old
version of PDF-Over, see
http://gnats.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=56828 -- but
it exists).
 Thomas