Re: PKGPATH conditions in mk.conf (was: Re: Recipe to address cyclic deps for bulkbuild?)

* On 2022-08-11 at 19:19 BST, Roland Illig wrote:

Am 11.08.2022 um 12:30 schrieb nia:
On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 12:15:28PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
Just like we can set PKG_OPTIONS.pkgbase, can package specific values be
provided for other variables - say PKGSRC_COMPILER.

.if !empty(PKGPATH:Mlang/perl5)

Just out of interest: since PKGPATH is guaranteed to be defined in
mk.conf and since it contains a single word only, the above condition
can also be written as:

.if ${PKGPATH} == lang/perl5

.if ${PKGPATH} == "lang/perl5"

.if ${PKGPATH:Mlang/perl5}

I wonder whether there is any benefit of the '!empty' over the above
alternatives, other than "we've always done it like that".

Something is niggling in the back of my mind that there is some situation where PKGPATH isn't defined and I saw errors, but I can't recall what it was.

Maybe at some point I'll test the bare variable, but will have to wait for a rainy day.

--
Jonathan Perkin   -   mnx.io   -   pkgsrc.smartos.org
Open Source Complete Cloud   www.tritondatacenter.com