Re: NetBSD 8, non-desktop and desktop uses

from Robert Elz:

    Date:        Wed, 20 Jul 2022 20:08:55 +0000
    From:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6725%twc.com@localhost>

>   | But I believe the branch in NetBSD-current source tree will mark
>   | the end of support for NetBSD 8, meaning NetBSD 8 users are on very
>   | borrowed time.

> No, -8 will be supported until (just a little after) -10 is actually released.
> Even if the branch were to happen today (or this week), which it won't, it
> will still be (probably) months until the actual release of NetBSD 10.0 occurs.

> kre

Thanks for setting me straight on this matter.

I believe a few relengs ago, it was about a year from the initial branch to release of the new version.

But it is not always such a long time.

It is only fair to give NetBSD 8 users breathing time as opposed to jilting them suddenly.

I resent my previous message accidentally just minutes ago by reissuing the old command.  Sorry for the noise!

I believe it would be very disadvantageous for me to go back to NetBSD 8 or 9.

Tom