Re: pbulk: Reusing scan results and still scan continues

* On 2022-07-16 at 18:25 BST, Mayuresh wrote:

In pbulk.conf the following is set

   reuse_scan_results=yes

Accordingly pbulk saying it's going to use scan results is fine. But after
that it starts doing the entire scan once again.

   Reusing old scan results
   Using old scan results from /usr/pkgsrc/bulklog.old/meta/pscan
   Scanning...

What could be the reason behind this?

That's supposed to happen, it will use the previous results if possible but will still have to perform any new scans.

I would advise you don't use this option unless you are absolutely sure you are not going to change any dependencies, as if you do you will run into hard to debug failure modes.

I no longer use the option at all, it's not really worth any small performance benefit you get, but YMMV.