X11_TYPE and pkg_comp / pbulk

For years I have been using native x11. Just want to reassess this. Has
modlar's development moved on leaving native behind in terms of any
aspects such that it's better to switch over?

Secondly, with "native" choice I was not able to bulk build packages. The
build was hitting PKG_SKIP_REASON of some packages and further their
dependencies weren't getting built.

So I switched to modular and the builds work fine now.

Manually chrooting to sandbox, installing x11-links did not help build
with native.

Mount of /usr/X11R7 is in place.

What else could be missing?

--