TOOL_DEPENDS or DEPENDS for configure requiring bash

In package wip/ltsmin, there is a configure script that uses $((
extensively which does not work with sh.

I have defined:
CONFIG_SHELL=                  bash

Wonder whether it should force the build time dependency on bash
automatically. It doesn't seem to.

From the documentation, quoted below, it appears that I should be adding
TOOL_DEPENDS since it is only required for configure.

If I search existing make files, I see many instances of DEPENDS, only 1
or 2 of BUILD_DEPENDS and none of TOOL_DEPENDS.

So wonder whether choice of TOOL_DEPENDS for above situation is correct.

Documentation:

If the dependency is only needed for building the package, but not
when using it, use TOOL_DEPENDS or BUILD_DEPENDS instead of DEPENDS. The
difference between TOOL_DEPENDS and BUILD_DEPENDS occurs when
cross-compiling: TOOL_DEPENDS are native packages, i.e. packages for
the platform where the package is built; BUILD_DEPENDS are target
packages, i.e. packages for the platform for which the package is built.

--
Mayuresh