pkg_comp: How to keep sandbox active?

I am new to pkg_comp. Have followed the following tutorial:
https://www.unitedbsd.com/d/593-how-to-use-pkg-comp8-to-automate-package-builds-in-a-sandbox

I'd like to keep the sandbox active so that I don't have to start all over
from bootstrap every time.

So I did these steps:

$ pkg_comp -c local sandbox-create
$ pkg_comp -c local bootstrap
$ pkg_comp -c local build bash

First 2 steps went fine, but now I find it in a state where sandbox is
active, but the mounts are missing. Not sure what unmounted them.

# pkg_comp -c local sandbox-create
sandboxctl: E: Sandbox /var/tmp/sandbox already exists

So the build fails as follows:

# pkg_comp -c local build bash
pkg_comp: I: Adding packages to be built to pbulk.list
pkg_comp: I: Starting pbulk build in the sandbox
Scanning...
. 1/1
Resolving...
Scanning...
.... 4/4
Resolving...
Scanning...
... 3/3
Resolving...
Scanning...
.. 2/2
Resolving...
Building...
Initialisation complete.
[1/10] Starting build of  cwrappers-20220403

[1/10] Failed to build    cwrappers-20220403
Building pkg_summary...
cd: can't cd to /pkg_comp/packages/pkg/All
pkg_comp: E: bulkbuild failed; see /usr/pkgsrc/packages/log/ for possible
details

Firstly how to avoid landing in a state where sandbox exists and mounts
don't. Secondly are manual mounts required now to get out of this
situation?

--
Mayuresh