Re: security/py-cryptography rust builds

On Sat, 09 Jul 2022 at 10:43:19 +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>>On Sat, Jul 09, 2022 at 01:31:16AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
>>>
>>> The security/py-cryptography package seems to be ignoring the
RUST_TYPE
>>> environment variable.
>>>
>>> I have latest lang/rust-bin installed but py-cryptography tries to
build
>>> lang/rust.
>>
>>The package uses cargo.mk and rust.mk in the standard way, AFAICT.
>
>Seems to be this line in the Makefile that is triggering it:
>
>BUILD_DEPENDS+=        rust>=1.41:../../lang/rust

Yes, that shouldn't be necessary, and is counterproductive, as you've
noted. I've removed it. The package already includes cargo.mk, which in
turn includes rust.mk, which will handle rust vs. rust-bin. (If the
intent was to specify a minimum version of Rust, that should have been
done using RUST_REQ instead, but it's not needed here, since the
default minimum is now 1.56.1 anyway.)

Regards,

Dave