Re: devel/buddy: dependent package needs a .pc file

On Tue, Jul 05, 2022 at 08:50:30AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2022 at 05:45:02PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > Further, buddy package on github, with the same version (2.4) as of pkgsrc
> > does have the .pc file.
>
> Correction. The change with addition of .pc file hasn't gone to release
> 2.4 on github. Basically their github and sourceforge releases are in
> sync.

Apologies. I got misled because when I did url2pkg for the github url, teh
sourceforge copy was present in /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles. So url2pkg did not
download it.

In short: Indeed the github version of buddy 2.4 is newer than sourceforge
version 2.4 (sadly no revision bump). pkgsrc should change over to github.

I have created wip/buddy with github version, which may be discarded once
pkgsrc adopts github version.

--
Mayuresh