Re: wip/ltsmin: seek help

Mayuresh <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> writes:

> #uname -a
> NetBSD localhost 9.1 NetBSD 9.1 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Oct 18 19:24:30 UTC 2020
> mkrepro%mkrepro.NetBSD.org@localhost:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC amd64
> x86_64 Intel 686-class NetBSD

That's 18 months out of date.  I'm not saying it's related, but you
should update to recent netbsd-9 anyawy.

> pkgsrc-wip updated today, pkgsrc updated a few days back

and all installed packages up-to-date with respect to sources?  I'm not
saying it's related, but that's part of a quality report.

> configure:17400: gcc -o conftest -O2 -fPIC -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -pthread
> -I/usr/pkg/include  -L/usr/pkg/lib
> -Wl,-zrelro -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib conftest.c   -lpthread >&5
> conftest.c: In function 'main':
> conftest.c:51:9: warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'pthread_mutexattr_setpshared'; did you mean 'pt
> hread_mutexattr_settype'? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>      if (pthread_mutexattr_setpshared(&attr, PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED))
>          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>          pthread_mutexattr_settype
> ld: /tmp//ccnFnR6G.o: in function `main':
> conftest.c:(.text.startup+0x3b): undefined reference to
> `pthread_mutexattr_setpshared'

Hints for self-help:

  read carefully the posix specification:
    https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/pthread_mutexattr_getpshared.html
  search the page for that function name and read those parts again.

  read carefully the entire man page: man pthread_mutexattr_setpshared
  search the page for that function and read those parts again

  read the header file referenced in the man page
  search for the function

  read the test program.  Review the code against the above documentation.

  If necessary, create a minimal test program separate from the package.

  Understand whether the package needs to use this facility, or whether
  it is able to check for it and use it if present.