Re: 'gegl' segfault breaks "gimp" build

On Sat, 9 Apr 2022 19:21:09 -0500 (CDT)
"John D. Baker" <jdbaker%consolidated.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022, John D. Baker wrote:
>
> > Same failure on netbsd-9/i386:
>
> I see the same failure on amd64/9.99.96 w/pkgsrc-2022Q1:

There are no crashes on amd64 expressed in bulk builds though,
so I'm relucant to apply the same fix everywhere. Apparently
it works for some (most?) people.

Some x86 instructions can raise a general protection fault if SIMD
operations are not performed on a 128-bit aligned boundary. Sometimes
compiling code with -mstackrealign in CFLAGS can help with this. We
have a few packages that do such.