Re: harfbuzz: PLIST problem

Le Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 04:08:24PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> When trying to pkg_add harfbuzz (amd64/9.2), it chokes with something
> like:
>
> PLIST conflicting entry with harfbuzz-2.8.1:
> share/gtk-doc/html/harfbuzz/HarfBuzz.png
>
> Building the package on my node leads to the same. So I have simply
> nuked in the PLIST all the:
>
> ${PLIST.doc}share/gtk-doc/html/harfbuzz/HarfBuzz.png
> etc.
>
> What I don't get is where from comes the reference to a previous
> version of harfbuzz and how the substitution works to lead to that...

Replying to myself: it comes from [/var/db/pkg/]pkgdb.byfile.db.

pkg_admin(1) says that:

# pkg_admin rebuild

should only be used after system crashes during package installation
and removal. But I do not remember such a crash; but the file was
wrong nonetheless.

Using:

pkg_admin rebuild

did the trick.

Note: in the pkg_admin(1) man page the path to the db file is given as:

@PREFIX@/pkgdb/pkgdb.byfile.db

but there is no pkgdb/ portion for me. Hence, shouldn't it be:

@PREFIX@/pkgdb/byfile.db

(and the same for @PREFIX@/pkgdb/<pkg>/+CONTENTS).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/