Re: macOS 12.x (Monterey) vs. pkgsrc

* On 2022-03-02 at 04:15 GMT, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# otool -XL libavltree.so.1.1
       libavltree.so.1.1 (compatibility version 0.0.0, current version 0.0.0)
       /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1311.0.0)

I'm thinking mk/check/check-shlibs-macho.awk should not complain if then
library depends on itself like this?

No, it needs to be correct, otherwise any binaries or libraries that link against it will also be incorrect, and then it's impossible to do any meaningful checks. It'll need fixing up using the install_name_tool dance like we do elsewhere.

Monterey shouldn't be any different to Big Sur where I still do regular bulk builds. You can compare against those if you think you're running into issues that nobody else is seeing:

  https://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/Darwin/11.0/trunk/x86_64/20220226.2030/meta/report.html
  https://us-east.manta.joyent.com/pkgsrc/public/reports/Darwin/11.0/trunk/arm64/20220226.2031/meta/report.html

Just make sure you have all the correct settings, especially things like PREFER_PKGSRC=yes due to Apple breaking shared libraries. I noticed you're still using pdksh which indicates you haven't bootstrapped in a long time.