Re: Destkop-y requirements for plain command line tools

On Mon, Feb 21, 2022 at 10:32:33AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> It installs a desktop file and an icon.
>
> share/applications/lftp.desktop
> share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/lftp-icon.png
>
> Why is it important? hicolor-icon-them is a one-file package with no dependencies.

It is not important in any reasonable sense of the word, but more a matter
of purity and avoiding *any* "random" files on high security machines.

I hate to have to install this tool anyway (due to stupidness on a remote
outside of my controll), so I may be in grumpy mood - sorry.

Didn't we talk about optional font registration recently, and isn't this
a bit similar?

Martin