devel/gyp

Hello everyone,

I would like to report on devel/gyp.

When I was trying to build inputmethod/mozc-server using Python 3.10,
I saw following error.

    import gyp.input
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gyp/input.py", line 8, in <module>
    import gyp.common
  File "/usr/pkg/lib/python3.10/site-packages/gyp/common.py", line
498, in <module>
    class OrderedSet(collections.MutableSet):
AttributeError: module 'collections' has no attribute 'MutableSet'

For Python 3.9 or earlier, collections.MutableSet is used.

But, for Python 3.10, collections.abc.MutableSet is used.

And, in the file "common.py", following line exists.

class OrderedSet(collections.MutableSet):

devel/gyp can be installed for Python 3.10, but it does not work
as expected.

For adopting to Python 3.10, collections.MutableSet should be
changed into collections.abc.MutableSet. But, I don't know a
smart way to make it OK for both 3.10 and 3.9.

Daisuke