Re: How to get pkgsrc to search pkgsrc/packages/All for dependencies ?

* On 2022-01-06 at 12:44 GMT, Rhialto wrote:

Plain pkgsrc (without pkgin or so) downloading binary packages? Is that
new? PACKAGES does still default to ${PKGSRCDIR}/packages, doesn't it?
(I found that in ../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk) At least it never downloads
packages for me, unless I use pkgin and tell it where to download
from...

Unfortunately BINPKG_SITES is set by default on a bunch of OS, including NetBSD, and has been ~forever.

This is almost certainly wrong in my opinion, or at the very least will cause confusion when users try to build software with alternative options to those chosen by the upstream packages (why else would you be building manually?)