Re: www/gitea: remove barriers for new users (git binary not found in PATH)

Matthias Petermann <mp%petermann-it.de@localhost> writes:

> So, since gitea already has the pkg git-base as a dependency, the git
> binary can be assumed to exist under ${PREFIX}/bin. What do you think
> about adding the following to the app.ini.sample?
>
> ```
> [git]
> PATH = @PREFIX@/bin/git
> ```

The norm in pkgsrc is usually to discover and substitute explicit paths
in the code.  That may be too hard.

But changing an example as a workaround does not seem like a bad thing.

I guess another question is what else is needed, and if gitea should
prefix it's @BINDIR@ to PATH itself.