Re: How to get pkgsrc to search pkgsrc/packages/All for dependencies ?

On 1/4/2022 5:27 PM, Roland Illig wrote:
05.01.2022 02:42:05 Michael Huff <mphuff%gmail.com@localhost>:
What I want to have happen is when I compile a package that pkgsrc scans for dependencies, if it sees any that need to be installed that it looks for a package in pkgsrc/packages/All and if one exists it installs it and only builds the package if there is not a binary in pkgsrc/packages/All.

https://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/build.html#build.helpful-targets lists the helpful "bin-install", running "bmake help topic=bin-install" should give you everything you need, if not, complain. :)

Looks good, I'll give it a shot to make sure. That leads me to pkg/default/mk.conf which looks like it has some other hints for me to look at too.

Do you remember what exactly you searched for, and where? Maybe we need to add some more or different keywords to the existing documentation.

Roland

I've searched before but couldn't tell you where since it's been a while. Today I did a couple of google searches I'll paste here from my browser history:

1) pkgsrc make install dependency from "packages/All"

2) How to get pkgsrc to search pkgsrc/packages/All for dependencies ?

3) dependencies site:http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/

I also browsed http://www.netbsd.org/docs/pkgsrc/ in Firefox and did a ^F for "depend" and "packages/All"

Thank you very much!