Re: How to best submit fixes to pkgsrc

On Dec 30,  8:12, Greg Troxel wrote:
} Carsten Strotmann <carsten%strotmann.de@localhost> writes:
}
} > I'm rebuilding my pkgsrc setup on Solaris 9, MacOS 10.4 and MacOS 10.9
} > during the last days and I found a couple of issues (and
} > workarounds/fixes).
}
} I'm unclear on Solaris versions but am guessing that pkgsrc Solaris
} people might consider 9 new enough to be acceptable for bug reports.

     Solaris 9 is ancient at this point.  It was originally released
May 28th, 2002, and reached end of support in October 2014.  I used
to be a Solaris person, but haven't had anything to do with it for
many years.  However, I wouldn't consider Solaris 9 new enough
given that it's been out of support for seven years.  That said,
if the fix is simple enough and doesn't cause problems for newer
things, I don't see a resaon to reject it.

}-- End of excerpt from Greg Troxel