How to force using clang for a package?

Hi!

I am working on a package that needs clang to build -- at least it does not build on the built-in gcc 7.5.

I thought including lang/clang/buildlink3.mk would use clang as the default compiler. It does give me a .cwrapper/bin/clang, but that just runs gcc instead.

Overriding PKGSRC_COMPILER in the package's makefile seems wrong to me.

I noticed www/firefox/mozilla-common.mk does some manual fiddling with clang wrappers to make them actually run clang.

What is the correct way?

--
Benny