Re: how create a binary perl-5.34.0 package

Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb%zenez.com@localhost> writes:

> Thank you,  I would if I had a complete bootstrap to use.
>
> The system has
>
> /bin/perl --version
>
> This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-unixware-thread-multi
>
> I do have a native version I am testing in /opt/xinuos/bin/
>
> /opt/xinuos/bin/perl --version
>
> This is perl 5, version 34, subversion 0 (v5.34.0) built for
> i386-unixware-thread-multi

If bootstrap doesn't work then you have to debug that.  Trying to make a
binary package out of a broken bootstrap makes little sense.

I don't know why bootstrap needs coreutils on your system, and why
coreutils needs perl, but probably that does.  You are asking to prefer
pkgsrc, which ought to work, but it will (should) ignore tools in the
base system that are available in pkgsrc.

The question is then what happens with the perl build.  Does it just
hang, does it print an error?