Re: pkgin weirdness

* On 2021-10-24 at 12:49 BST, Chavdar Ivanov wrote:

While testing wip/rust 1.56, I came across some strange pkgin
behaviour - it didn't notice the latest installed wip/rust version
(this is my local pkgin repo, the summary file was updated)

pkgin does not upgrade a package if the PKGPATH is different, otherwise you'd never be able to install e.g. mysql 5.7 or node 10 or whatever as it would always "upgrade" to a newer version.

If you want to switch to wip/rust then you'll need to remove lang/rust first, then pkgin will track that version instead.