On reading man pages

It's been suggested that this list is the best place to raise the questions I posed in a couple of recent threads elsewhere:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2021/10/07/msg027878.html

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2021/10/06/msg027870.html

My wdm-specific question was answered immediately, so that's at least one horse that does not require re-shooting.

Apologies for unnecessarily multiplying, not so much entities, but threads in NetBSD listspace!

Thank you all for your patience.

--
A person of great honour in Ireland (who was pleased to
stoop so low as to look into my mind) used to tell me that