Re: cmake build error on NetBSD 9.1

On 9/28/21 4:20 PM, nia wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 02:22:17PM -0500, Jason Bacon wrote:

Is this a known problem?  Popped up during pkg_chk -su.

Since I flipped the switch to use MKPIE by default, any static
libraries used in pkgsrc should probably be rebuilt (in
this case misc/rhash). We could also try to work out why
cmake is linking with the static library in the first place.

Would be cool if we could detect build options of installed dependencies and trigger rebuilds like this automatically, but I'm not sure the cost/benefit is all that favorable. Such a feature would be useful in other situations though, like someone does a non-default build that's incompatible with a dependent package. In any case it's a rare issue that I don't mind dealing with manually.