Re: Graphical apps on framebuffer console

On Fri 10 Sep 2021 at 10:38:11 +0200, Benny Siegert wrote:
> Some graphical toolkits, e.g. EFL, support running directly on the
> "Linux Framebuffer", without an X server. Does this work on NetBSD as
> well, or is the console layer too different?
>
> If it is actually supported, how does one enable it? Usually, running
> such an application just complains about not finding X.

I have seen for example "mpv --vo=drm" working on our console (both on
pinebook and Intel laptop). But on the Pinebook it complained it was
using software scaling and it was way too slow.

> Benny
-Olaf.
--
___ "Buying carbon credits is a bit like a serial killer paying someone else to
\X/  have kids to make his activity cost neutral." -The BOFH    falu.nl@rhialto