Re: Will OpenSSL 1.1l be back ported to 2021Q2?

Unfortunately, RHEL 7 uses OpenSSL 1.0.2k, which I expect is too old for pkgsrc.

I tried your suggestion and did a bmake replace last night after pulling in security/openssl from HEAD. That worked fine and I tested several packages (curl, wget, git, python3.9) without any issues. I plan to do further testing today.

--
Iain

On 9/2/21, 05:17, "Greg Troxel" <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

    "Morgan, Iain (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC]" <iain.morgan%nasa.gov@localhost> writes:

    > Oh, I forgot to answer your question. I'm doing a source build for RHEL 7.

    I asked because on NetBSD pkgsrc openssl is not used.

    I would think on RHEL it would not be used if the base system is up to
    date.  But I don't use Linux.