Re: Depending on security/ca-certificates?

voidpin <voidpin%protonmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Speaking about adding to the confusion, a new user installs git and can not clone a single repo.
>
> I understand why no packages pull-in certeficates but, new users won't.

This is IMHO why the NetBSD base system should consider defining the
default set of trust anchors.  Or perhaps the install should offer to
add the mozilla set with an explanation.  To me, the mozilla set feels
very broad.

I'm still not really clear on how trust anchor config practice is across
all operating systems (BSDs, GNU/Linux distributions, pkgsrc on macOS,
illumos, cygwin, etc.)