Re: wip/py-hkdf: TEST_DEPENDS fails with "don't know how to make generate-wrappers"

Matthias Ferdinand <mf+ml.pkgsrc-users%netzwerkagentursaarland.de@localhost>
writes:

> pkg_delete py38_nose; bmake clean && bmake DEPENDS_TARGET=bin-install test
>
> works for me as well; except when there is no binary package py38_nose
> available, then again it fails with "don't know how to make
> generate-wrappers" (in devel/py-nose).

So it seems that the TEST_DEPENDS picked up via make test do not work
correctly when actually building the package, and we get two different
errors, the generate-wrappers fail and the .error/
dir-is-not-there-already fail, depending.

I wonder if this is just py-nose, or if it's more widespread.