libva-driver-vdpau strange configure error

Hello,

xine(1) complaining about missing libvdpau_r600.so, I trie to compile
libva-driver-vdpau to see if this will solved the problem.

The configure fails with VDPAU not available because "vdpau/vdpau_x11.h"
is said to not have been found, but the code compiled by configure is
this:

#include <vdpau/vdpau_x11.h>
int
main (void)
{
vdp_device_create_x11(0,0,0,0)
  ;
  return 0;
}

and -I/usr/pkg/include is given to gcc and the header is present there.

If I do compile the source by hand, taking the configure invocation:

gcc -o conftest -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/X11R7/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/libdrm -I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/X11R7/include -I/usr/X11R7/include/libdrm -L/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/X11R7/lib -Wl,-R/usr/X11R7/lib -Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib conftest.c -lrt -lm -lpthread  -lvdpau

it works with no problem about the header (but the resulting program
fails because libvdpau_nvidia.so shared object is not present. But this
is not what configure reports: it reports a failure about the header,
and the message is in the form of a gcc one).

Has someone any idea what could cause such a strange behavior?

TIA
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/