devel/pango checksum error

from Patrick Welche:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 08:23:30AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Also, I retried devel/libuv after make clean, but got the same SHA1 mismatch.

> Given your pango note, I would start by checking the tarball so we can
> agree that we are all trying to compile the same code.

> Cheers,

> Patrick

How would I check the tarball?  I tried tar xvf and got an error.

So I went to the websites (pango and libuv) with elinks and downloaded the distfiles, same version number.

There was a difference (both cases).

Is "cvs update" unreliable?  Should I switch to hg?  Building mercurial took only a couple minutes.  Is mercurial more reliable?

Or should I switch to the other hard drive, now in an external SATA hard drive dock which is part of the computer case (current NetBSD amd64 and i386 already installed)?

Tom