Re: Entropy error blocks lang/python38 installation

from Martin Musemann:

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 09:24:01AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > This entropy thing seems crazy to me

> It is! But it also is:

>  - a one time only thing (supposed to happen when you set the machine up
>    for the first time)
>  - a current only issue
>  - only affecting some machines
>  - a blocker for the netbsd-10 branch

> Unfortunatley there is no consensus yet how to deal with it better.

> Martin

I believe I must apply the fix/workaround every time. meaning every booted session where I would build packages from pkgsrc.

Had I known the next point, I might have tried to upgrade to releng-9 (NetBSD 9.2_STABLE) instead of HEAD, if the cvs checkout and update didn't get stuck on a broken pipe.

But I don't really know if that would have helped regarding pkgsrc problems.

NetBSD 9.99.82 has reduced functionality compared to 8.99.51.

I can still use some old packages, but much less than with 8.99.51.

Last time I looked at the releng wiki page, I noticed that there were issues that prevented the netbsd-10 branch, and no time estimate for the branch.

Entropy bug was not mentioned specifically, but clearly it is a blocker.

Tom