Re: new glib2 c++ template errors in inkscape,gegl,wireshark

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 10:53:44AM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Did you look at the linked URLs?  I think this was rejected
> upstream... please comment there.

I am not talking about whatever upstream will do to "fix" this mess
and I won't comment on the smartness of the move (but I double checked
what date we have).

> I don't see us maintaining such a revert or an old version of glib2
> for this in pkgsrc.

The problem is that we can not use this update as-is. The pkg that was known
to be glib2 no long is a more or less plug-in replacement / update for all
pkgs using it. It became something completely different, at least for all
pkgs written in C++ using it.

Pretending it is a simple update, IMHO, is not a very efficient way to
deal with it.

How about downgrading for now and doing the update after the branch?

Martin