Joyent's pkgsrc vs our pkgsrc?

I have never able to compile graphical stuffs (Xorg and friends) from pkgsrc, regardless of platforms, SunOS or Linux. Compilation of it always failed with some awkward py-expat stuff.

But I could find the things I always failed to compile from our pkgsrc on Joyent's binary pkgsrc repo. e.g: Xorg and many graphical applications.

This make me wonder, does Joyent's pkgsrc and our pkgsrc the same thing?

I think their pkgsrc is not vanilla. They have their own pkgsrc tree different than us. Or they have their own patches they not yet merged in our pkgsrc.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.