Re: tools.SunOS.mk.patch Add DilOS support

* On 2021-01-15 at 15:49 GMT, Hung Nguyen Gia wrote:

> If you want the actual modified file, it's here.
>
> I'm not going to be a pkgsrc contributor. I only want to add DilOS
> support.
>
> I think this file alone is enough. Doesn't need to modify anything
> in bsd.prefs.mk, no OS_VARIANT hack like my previous attempt.
>
> Please don't ask me to learn CVS and doing anything in a proper way
> in order for my changes to be merged.
>
> Even though I want to know the actual procedure (really can't find
> it!), I'm not going to follow it and just give it up.

It's a start, but it's not complete.  The bootstrap script also needs
updating for the path to id(1), and you also mentioned issues during
the packaging phase that would need to be debugged and fixed.

If you don't want to work on it, that's fine, but as I explained
earlier it's also not something anyone else has shown interest in
working on.

If someone wants to provide a complete patch set and is able to show
that it works for bootstrap and a number of packages then sure, we
might be able to integrate, but as it stands it's not something we
would add to pkgsrc at this time.

I hope this is clear, as I don't want you to waste any time on this
with the expectation that other people will finish off your work or
that it would be merged regardless.

Cheers,