Re: archivers/zoo: distfile unavailable, but poor replacement is

On Sat 19 Dec 2020 at 19:36:15 +0100, Rhialto wrote:
> For archivers/zoo, the distfile for version zoo-2.10pl1 at
> ftp://ftp.kiarchive.ru/pub/unix/arcers/ is not available any more (the
> site doesn't seem to respond), but version zoo-2.10 (no patch level 1)
> is still available from ftp://ftp.fau.de/aminet/misc/unix/.
>
> I can easily generate a patch file that represents the difference, and
> add that as one of the patches. However it changes several files, which
> would be against policy I suppose.  But mixing these patches into the
> existing handfuls of patches gives a mess, and would be annoying to
> disentangle if we locate another upstream of the patched version.
>
> Clever ideas?

I have set up https://gitlab.com/Rhialto/zoo with 2.10 and pl1.
I could add the patches one by one, and check if FreeBSD has any extra
patches, and use that as upstream...

(I've done a similar thing with wip/nget, which got really uncompilable
with current compilers, and needed a lot of rework...)

-Olaf.
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- rhialto at falu dot nl
___  Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on