Re: Patch: lang/python37: Fix for macOS 11 and Apple SIlicon

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020, Sijmen Mulder wrote:

OK to commit?

(Note again, this is for 3.7, yesterday's patch was for 3.8.)

Impressive amount of patching :)

One comment: please look at the changes to the setup.py patch I committed for python38 and python39. The grep_headers_for function needs to ignore UnicodeDecodeError, otherwise it will fail if *any* of the installed headers contain invalid UTF-8. I have at least one file on my system with a copyright message in ISO-8859-1.

--
Benny