Re: Any hints for bootstrapping in Solaris 10?

Cool. I've started this and wondering just how long gcc takes to build
on a T1000. :)

Thanks everyone.

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020, Julien Savard wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, here a few hints :

I wouldn't recommend using SFW GCC with pkgsrc. It's now pretty old ( GCC 3.4.3). You might want to use opencsw to get GCC but their "most up to date" GCC is gcc5.5.0. So it might work for a time but I guess
you will eventually face similar issues like SFW GCC.
Like Sad Clouds said, you might want to build your own GCC. GCC9 is the last version to support Solaris 10 SPARC (And maybe
SPARC in general).
FYI: I compiled mine and made it available
here: http://www.packages4legacy.com/repo/pkgin/solaris-10/sparc64/tools/gcc-8.3.0-SunOS-5.10-sun4u-sparc64.tar.gz
It only works with 32bit bootstrap. I'll eventually provide GCC9 with support with 64bits.
/usr/bin/bash is pretty much broken. And If I remember correctly /bin/sh is pretty much broken too. Use anything else. If you
wish/can build and use pkgsrc bash instead of the one provided in Solaris.
There are a few more things I noted on my wiki
here: https://www.packages4legacy.com/wiki/index.php?search=solaris&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:14 PM Mansour Moufid <mansourmoufid%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
      On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:56 AM Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd%twofifty.com@localhost> wrote:

      > => Build dependency gcc2>=2.95.3nb7: NOT found
      > => Verifying reinstall for ../../lang/gcc2
      > => Bootstrap dependency digest>=20010302: NOT found
      > => Verifying reinstall for ../../pkgtools/digest
      > ERROR: This package has set PKG_FAIL_REASON:
      > ERROR: Circular dependency detected
      > *** Error code 255

      Does $CC contain a version number, like "gcc2" or "gcc-1.2.3"?

      I think I've seen something like that before: mk/compiler.mk doesn't
      like when PKGSRC_COMPILER contains a version number.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost
BSEE + BSChem + BAEnglish + MSCS + $2.50 = coffee