Re: Any hints for bootstrapping in Solaris 10?

* On 2020-10-22 at 05:56 BST, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:

> ===> Installing dependencies for digest-20190127
> => Build dependency gcc2>=2.95.3nb7: NOT found

As I mentioned on IRC, this is basically a canary that means something
fundamental has gone wrong, and pkgsrc was unable to determine what
compiler you are using.

You're using sudo to execute "bmake install" rather than using the
infrastructure to gain privileges where needed, e.g. via SU_CMD, so
make sure that the environment is identical to your user, i.e. the
same $PATH and gcc is found.  Personally I'd avoid this way of doing
things completely as it can be very error prone.

Make sure you have thoroughly cleaned out any work directories after
making any mk.conf change, for example if you have set GCCBASE to the
root of your gcc installation if it's not in $PATH.

If things still don't work, then basically we just need to debug
mk/compiler to see why it's not finding your GCC installation, and
taking this back to IRC would probably be a lot easier and faster for
that.

Certainly there's no fundamental reason why this shouldn't work, I use
the OpenCSW compilers just fine bootstrapping on Solaris 9.