Re: gcc48-fortran fails to install

steve%prd.co.uk@localhost (Steve Blinkhorn) writes:

> amd64 NetBSD 7.0.

old but you know that :-)

> pkg_create: can't stat
> `/usr/pkgsrc/lang/gcc48-libs/work/.destdir/usr/pkg/${PLIST.java}java/gcc48/jre/lib/${JAVA_MACHINE_ARCH}/server/libjvm.so'
> pkg_create: lstat failed for file ${PLIST.java}gcc48/lib/gcj-4.8.5-14/libjvm.la: No such file or directory

There is a general scheme in PLIST files to have variables that do two
things:

   control the build

   denote in PLIST that some files are only there if build option is
   there

Usually something like PLIST.java will expand to either # (if no java)
or "" (empty) (if java).   Or perhaps there is some yes/no in the
Makefile which does this.

It looks like there is some confusion in the package about how
conditional java PLIST stuff is handled.  Either that or I read it too
quickly and/or I am confused.

I'd turn on PKG_DEBUG_LEVEL=1 to see if you can get closer to the 'bad
subsittution' as my guess is that everything unravels from that.